Construction & Infrastructure
Our Construction and Infrastructure team has an in-depth understanding of, and extensive experience in, all aspects of construction and infrastructure projects. We provide pragmatic advice through every stage of a project - from front end drafting and negotiation of construction procurement documents and building contracts, to back end construction involving dispute resolution.
Our approach is to partner with our clients on their projects. This gives us an intimate understanding of the project, enabling us to assist with project strategy and identify issues often before they arise.
We work in partnership with property owners and investors, financiers, contractors, developers, builders, federal, state and local governments, project managers and institutional investors. The team has acted for principals and contractors in all forms of construction procurement and therefore has expertise on both sides of construction transactions.
Our lawyers have built valuable relationships with networks of property professionals including architects, engineers, developers, project managers and contractors.
We provide practical, realistic advice designed to give our clients the commercial edge, with a focus on:
- Contract negotiations
- Building, engineering and construction procurement and contractual arrangements
- Dispute resolution, particularly through adjudication, arbitration and mediation
- Negotiating, drafting and advising on retail, commercial and industrial leases
- Tender documentation
- Project management and consultancy agreements.
- Project finance
- Structuring and tax advice
- Joint venture and consortium arrangements
- Security of Payments
- Public Private Partnerships