Dispute Resolution & Litigation
Being involved in a dispute can disrupt your business and your life. We aim to give our clients a prompt, thorough assessment of their position, the various options available to them, and recommend a strategy to achieve a timely, commercial and cost-effective solution. We work hard to understand our clients' business, to allow us to assess legal risks to attempt to identify problems and disputes before they arise.
Proceeding in court is not always the best commercial solution. We actively promote alternative dispute resolution processes including mediation, conciliation and arbitration, and have achieved exceptional results for our clients using these strategies. Where litigation is unavoidable, we are experienced in running large and complex litigation matters, and will swiftly and rigorously pursue it. Where a court or tribunal hearing is required, we actively manage the litigation process with a view to reducing the size, complexity and cost of the hearing, without compromising our client’s interests.
Our Dispute Resolution & Litigation team operates in all jurisdictions in Australia, and works closely with our Corporate & Commercial, Banking & Finance, and Tax teams to provide our clients with commercially oriented advice that addresses specific business objectives and takes into account broader industry issues.
Our approach to dispute resolution encourages early intervention and sensitivity to costs, both in terms of legal fees and client time and effort. We focus on your commercial interests at risk in the dispute and advise on alternative strategies in an effort to protect and advance those interests.
We offer clients the highest quality of legal advice across the following areas:
- Alternative dispute resolution, including arbitration and mediation
- Complex, multi-party litigation
- Competition and consumer law
- Class actions
- Enforcing your IP rights
- Project management and dispute resolution (particularly for large, complex litigation)
- Insurance litigation (including product liability)
- Building and construction disputes
- Tax litigation
- Intellectual property, copyright, trade marks, computers and software
- Corporations law and securities
- Contracts and commercial disputes
- Administrative law
- Property and development disputes
- Insolvency and reconstructions