Employment & Safety
Today's workplace relations environment is a complex and ever-changing one, and can be confusing and time consuming. That is why, more than ever, it is vital for employers to ensure that its human resources policies and procedures comply with the changing legislative requirements, to avoid loss of productivity and profitability, and possible negative publicity.
Our Employment & Safety team helps clients to understand and comply with all employment-related law. We advise on structuring and managing the employment relationship from recruitment to termination and beyond, at the individual and collective level. Our dynamic team is highly respected in the market and our lawyers are recognised leaders in their areas of specialisation.
Our approach is to partner with our clients to deliver innovative, practical business solutions to achieve optimal industrial and employment relationships and outcomes, whilst also achieving their strategic objectives.
Our team works with clients of all sizes from a range of sectors, including manufacturing, transport, financial services, insurance, retail, communications and IT, building and construction, health, education and community service.
We provide practical, realistic advice designed to give our clients the commercial edge, with a focus on:
- Compliance with regulations in relation to record keeping and other privacy issues including staff training and auditing existing procedures
- Interpreting and developing employment contracts, workplace agreements and awards
- Advising on the employment law and industrial relations implications of corporate transactions, including transmission of business
- Advising, in a sensitive and discreet manner, on issues that may create adverse publicity
- Quickly getting to the heart of disputes with unions and employees, negotiating on behalf of our clients, and focusing on a speedy resolution that is acceptable to all parties
- Designing and planning the implementation of employment change strategies
- Delivering training programs in all employment law areas