Franchising is a dynamic sector of the Australian economy. It presents a range of opportunities for establishing profitable and exciting businesses. However, the legal framework within which franchised businesses operate is complex, and with these opportunities come risks that must be carefully identified and managed to ensure success.
We are one of Australia’s leading franchise law firms. There are now over 50,000 franchise businesses operating in Australia. There continues to be numerous commercial, legal and regulatory challenges to the successful conduct of a franchise business. To meet these challenges, franchisors and franchisees need commercially astute and pragmatic advice from lawyers who intimately understand franchising and have the essential experience and expertise. Thomsons Lawyers has that understanding and expertise. We work with franchisors as a strategic partner to improve overall network performance. We manage compliance issues and address the legal considerations that contribute to franchise network efficiency, profitability and expansion.
Our franchise team provides a holistic service, taking into account both legal and business perspectives.
Our core team of franchising lawyers offer:
- First-hand experience of the complex demands upon today’s franchisors operating in Australia and internationally
- A proven understanding of the commercial drivers and legal issues specific to the franchise sector
- Demonstrated knowledge of the legal options available to participants in franchising, and how to protect your business systems and commercial interests before problems arise
- Access to comprehensive legal support across your business operations
- A team of specialist franchise lawyers, with experience that goes back decades
Our team includes members of the Franchising Council of Australia and lawyers who are registered as mediators under the Franchising Code.