We recognise that the public sector and in particular statutory authorities, have specific legal requirements. Current issues facing the public sector are privatisation and the increasing opportunities for the public and private sector to work more closely together on a range of projects. We have established a dedicated and focussed team of lawyers who each specialise in providing legal services to government, and can assist with all issues affecting the government sector, no matter how complex.
Our lawyers advise government and government instrumentalities at all levels on the full range of commercial and regulatory issues affecting those in this sector. We have experience in major project work, providing advice on legislation, regulations and powers, legislative lobbying and assisting our clients with privatisation, Public Private Partnerships, joint ventures and alliances, statutory interpretation and administration law matters.
We focus on the development of long term relationships with our clients, and have an in-depth understanding of the legislative, policy and probity considerations that must be given to those in the public sector. Our team has a thorough understanding of government decision-making and accountability frameworks, the issues facing the public sector including, transparency, confidentiality and privacy, and the sensitivities that may be involved.
On the flip side, we also have extensive experience in acting for corporate clients in their dealings with the government.
Our clients range across the public and private sector and include government corporations, authorities and statutory bodies, state and federal government departments, private sector tenderers, developers and financiers.
We are enthusiastic and committed to providing cost effective, commercial advice to our Government clients that aligns with their overall business requirements. This advice includes:
- Commercial and contractual disputes
- Commercial contracts and negotiations
- Preparation of tender documents, contracts and project documentation
- Statutory interpretation and compliance advice
- Joint ventures and alliances
- Legislative requirements and review
- Drafting commercial agreements, licences and pro-forma documentation
- Freedom of information and privacy advice
- Administrative law
- Corporate governance
- Corporatisation and privatisation
- Infrastructure development
- Public Private Partnerships (PPP)
- Employment and workplace relations
- Lobbying skills
- Information technology
- Intellectual property
- Property law including acquisitions, disposals and leasing
- Competition and consumer law
- Major projects