Health, Aged Care & Retirement Villages
The aged care and retirement village sector faces two major issues: a growing aging population which will require specially-designed accommodation and lifestyle environments; and a requirement to operate across state borders without regulatory and legislative uniformity, without certainty over taxation issues and without standard contracts and documentation. Our unique team has market-leading knowledge and experience of the health, aged care, and retirement village industries. We provide a unique combination of specialist corporate, property development and health, aged care and retirement village expertise.
Our clients include Australia’s most highly respected health services providers, aged care providers, retirement village developers, health insurance companies and pharmaceutical providers.
This highly experienced team assists health and aged care clients by:
- Advising on the full range of commercial activities from mergers, acquisitions and property dealings, to risk management and legal compliance programs
- Sharing insights into government expectations and regulations, drawing on our extensive experience in negotiating with government
- Understanding the regulations and funding options that govern private and public health and aged care systems
- Advising on the operational compliance issues affecting hospitals and aged care facilities
- Advising on contracts for a range of day-to-day commercial activities including MOUs and confidentiality arrangements, employment, licensing, manufacturing and consultancies
- Utilising our extensive experience in relation to health care ethics, clinical trials and advising on research projects and research institutes
- Designing workable solutions for difficult issues that achieve clients’ objectives and are readily accepted by other parties
- Drafting clear and comprehensive contracts, advice and documentation in plain English