Insolvency, Recovery & Restructuring
Our Insolvency, Recovery & Restructuring lawyers are responsive, outcome-oriented, and understand what action is required to achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients. We understand that the early involvement of skilled insolvency lawyers is often critical to the survival, recovery or salvage of a business.
Through our affiliations with leading specialist insolvency and accounting firms, we are able to recommend those which can best service our clients' business and circumstances. We also have affiliations with international workout specialists and lawyers in relation to international insolvency.
We regularly act for banks and other financial institutions, insolvency practitioners, receivers and managers, fund managers, insurance companies, superannuation funds, stockbrokers, financial planners, large corporate borrowers, accounting firms, secured and unsecured creditors, directors and officers of insolvent companies, large private companies and listed corporations.
Our team has complementary skills and a strong commercial acumen, and works closely with our Corporate & Commercial, Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Tax and Banking & Finance teams to provide a full-service and cost effective approach on a range of technical legal issues including:
- Receiverships, workouts, bankruptcy and liquidation
- Corporate reconstructions
- Voluntary administrations
- Securities enforcement
- Corporate fraud investigation and asset tracing
- Schemes of arrangement
- Cross-border insolvency work
- Enforcing the rights of secured creditors
- Insolvency litigation and dispute resolution, including investigations and preference recoveries
- Leasing advice and lessor recoveries
- Debt recovery and enforcement
- Tax asset protection and superannuation advice
- Insolvency risk management and minimisation