Mining, Energy & Resources
Our Mining, Energy & Resources team is experienced in all aspects of the acquisition, disposal, development and operation of major mining and energy projects, and related infrastructure.
We understand both the legal and commercial challenges facing players in the energy and resources arena. We pride ourselves on adding value to our clients’ businesses by matching outstanding legal expertise with commercially sensible solutions.
Having been embedded in industry through client secondments or working inhouse, our lawyers have a good understanding of how industry thinks and works, and importantly, what is likely to be commercially acceptable to our clients and their customers and suppliers.
Our lawyers are confident advocates of our clients’ position and truly add value in all types of negotiations. They produce documents that don’t need to be “commercialised” by our clients, saving valuable time.
We provide a broad range of assistance to our clients, from negotiating and drafting key revenue contracts (off-take agreements), key supply contracts (refinery inputs, contract mining) and transport arrangements (gas transport, rail haulage and electricity transmission) through to asset, joint venture and company acquisitions and the maintenance of tenements and tenures. We also provide the full range of related services, from general corporate advice, through to finance, insurance, litigation, tax and competition law.
We offer a broad range of legal services relating to the energy and resources sector which include:
- Establishment of joint ventures (both incorporated and un-incorporated)
- Farm in agreements
- Land access arrangements for exploration and project development
- Native title and Aboriginal cultural heritage negotiations and agreements
- Tenement and tenure acquisition and maintenance
- Off-take agreements
- Commodity sale agreements
- Gas transport agreements, access agreements and gas sales agreements
- Contract mining arrangements
- Construction, engineering and technical services contracts
- FIRB applications
- Labour hire / employment strategies
- Government relations and regulatory advice
- Environmental law
- Renewable energy projects
- National electricity market issues
- Marketing, sale and transportation of petroleum
- Licensing and production sharing contracts
- Rig and service contracts