Transport & Logistics
The past decade has seen dramatic changes in the transport and logistics industries. Infrastructure developments due to increasing demand, and a greater trend towards privatisation and consolidation, has spurred many of these changes, which are set to continue.
Our Transport & Logistics team works closely with our specialist Aviation team, to provide a comprehensive range of services. The transport and logistics industries encompass a large range of members including government and the private sector, rail and road operators, ports and shipping corporations, airlines and airport operators and logistics companies. We have experience advising clients across all of these sectors, and our focus is on understanding our clients' business, and ensuring that we give pragmatic, commercial advice that aligns with their business aims and strategies.
We have advised on such key projects as the Adelaide to Darwin Railway and the bid for the SA Ports Corporation.
Our Transport & Logistics team provides commercial, industry specific advice on the full range of legal issues affecting this sector, including:
- Contract drafting, negotiation, review and advice
- Agreements, including transport logistics, rail operation and maintenance, rolling stock purchase and maintenance, construction and port and rail facility
- Aircraft sales, leasing and acquisitions
- Airline operation
- Advice on public and private joint ventures
- Public Private Partnerships (PPPs)
- Competition and Consumer Act advice
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Environmental and planning advice
- Third party access arrangements
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Intellectual property and information technology
- Property development and construction
- Workplace and employment relations
- Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S)