Partner - Adelaide
Back to Our People
Loretta Reynolds has been a partner of the firm since 1998, and was elected as Chairman of the Board of Partners in July 2007. She has significant expertise in mergers and acquisitions and is highly regarded for her ability to achieve commercial results in a timely fashion and manage and work with a project team.
Loretta is individually recognised in Chambers Asia Pacific (2013 & 2014) in the Private Equity category for her extensive experience in fund formation, handling of buyouts and work for superannuation funds. She is also recognised as a "thoroughly experienced M&A lawyer" in Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2012) and is ranked as a "preeminent" corporate lawyer (South Australia) in Doyle's Guide (2012).
Loretta has completed the FINSIA Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment and the Advanced Insolvency Law and Practice I & II at The University of Queensland and is a fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors. In April 2013, Loretta was also appointed by FINSIA as a Senior Fellow.
Recent matters include:
- Acted for Pacific Network Global Logistics (PacNet), an Australian based supply chain, freight and logistics company, in the sale to Damco. Damco is the logistics arm of the Maersk Group, one of the largest container ship operators and supply vessel operators in the world.
- Acted for Viterra Limited in April 2012 in its acquisition of the IPS Logistics container packing business. The transaction gave Viterra a larger footprint and direct rail access to Port Botany.
- Acted for CHAMP Ventures in 2012 and other shareholders on the sale of Intercast & Forge Pty Ltd to Pandrol Australia Pty Ltd. Intercast & Forge is a casting and forging company servicing industry including rail, mining and automotive businesses.
- Acted for Codan Limited in respect of the sale of its satellite communications division together with the sale of its US based satellite communications subsidiary, Locus Microwave for an upfront payment of US$9 million in cash potentially increasing to US$13.5 million if certain financial and other objectives are achieved in the two years following the sale, the matter is scheduled to complete on 30 June 2012.
- Acted for SA Rural Agencies Pty Ltd in 2012 on the sale of its business and assets to A-Gas (Australia) Pty Limited, an investee company of Lloyds TSB Development Capital. SA Rural Agencies Pty Ltd is a leading supplier of pest management and fumigation products and services to the agricultural and grain industries.
- Acted for Torrens Capital and its investee company "Your Nursing Agency" on its purchase of HMNS in 2011.