Partner - Adelaide
Back to Our People
Loretta Reynolds has been a partner of the firm since 1998, and was elected as Chairman of the Board of Partners in July 2007. She has significant expertise in mergers and acquisitions and is highly regarded for her ability to achieve commercial results in a timely fashion and manage and work with a project team.
Loretta is individually recognised in Chambers Asia Pacific (2013 & 2014) in the Private Equity category for her extensive experience in fund formation, handling of buyouts and work for superannuation funds. She has attracted praise for the "very well-honed process" and consistently high standard of her work, her reliable meeting of deadlines and her excellence in the fund set-up and management space. She is also recognised as a "thoroughly experienced M&A lawyer" in Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2012) and is ranked as a "preeminent" corporate lawyer (South Australia) in Doyle's Guide (2012).
Loretta has completed the FINSIA Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment and the Advanced Insolvency Law and Practice I & II at The University of Queensland and is a fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors. In April 2013, Loretta was also appointed by FINSIA as a Senior Fellow.
Recent matters include:
- Acted for the Willunga Basin Water User Group joint venturers in late 2013 in respect of the sale of the Willunga Water Basin, which included the Christies Beach to McLaren Vale water pipeline and associated water infrastructure and the Willunga Basin Water Company (the company managing the pipeline and associated infrastructure).
- Advised the Australian Institute of Management, South Australian Division on its historic merger with the other state divisions of AIM (with the exception of WA) in 2013.
- Acted for Jobfit in 2013 in the sale of an 80 per cent stake in its business to a Singapore investor, Fullerton Healthcare. Jobfit is one of Australia's leading occupational healthcare service providers.
- Acted for Pacific Network Global Logistics (PacNet), an Australian based supply chain, freight and logistics company, in the sale to Damco. Damco is the logistics arm of the Maersk Group, one of the largest container ship operators and supply vessel operators in the world.
- Acted for Viterra Limited in its acquisition of the IPS Logistics container packing business. The transaction gave Viterra a larger footprint and direct rail access to Port Botany.
- Acted for CHAMP Ventures in 2012 and other shareholders on the sale of Intercast & Forge Pty Ltd to Pandrol Australia Pty Ltd. Intercast & Forge is a casting and forging company servicing industry including rail, mining and automotive businesses.
- Acted for Codan Limited in 2012 respect of the sale of its satellite communications division together with the sale of its US based satellite communications subsidiary, Locus Microwave.